Mr. Ferguson has represented both public and private for-profit and non-profit companies in commercial real estate transactions, ranging from an over $1 billion 100 asset portfolio sale of properties to the acquisition of single office condominiums. His experience includes the acquisition, ground leasing and sale of individual properties (e.g., hotels, senior living facilities, office buildings and shopping centers) to multi-state portfolio purchases. Mr. Ferguson also has extensive experience in leasing transactions, including space leases, restaurant leases, and retail leases, and assisting developers in establishing both vertical and horizontal condominium regimes and similar property reconfigurations.
Mr. Ferguson has represented clients in commercial financing transactions in a variety of structures totaling over $1.2 billion. These financing transactions have included acquisition loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans, take-out financing, refinancings, loan restructurings, entity restructurings and other financing vehicles.
Mr. Ferguson’s corporate experience, representing both public and private for-profit and non-profit companies, includes mergers, equity acquisitions reorganizations, joint ventures, and a public offering.
Mr. Ferguson’s real estate, financing and corporate experience has included:
- Initial public offering and related mergers for a Real Estate Investment Trust that holds an indirect interest in over 130 hotel properties.
- Both mezzanine and mortgage financing in connection with the acquisition of a 760 room hotel in Manhattan.
- OTO Development, LLC’s acquisition, development, acquisition financing, and construction financing of a 206 room hotel within an air rights parcel in the Constitution Square development in Washington, DC.
- Acquisition of and take-out financing for a 360 suite convention center hotel in Tampa, Florida.
- Integrated Design and Electronics Academy Public Charter School’s financing in connection with the construction of its new gymnasium.
- Acquisition of 100 asset portfolio consisting of hotels located in 10 states.
- Restructuring loans totaling $111 million in principal and cross-collateralizing the security for such loans among properties located in 5 states.
- Convertible equity financing, refinancing, and restructuring of financing related to a Mexican resort hotel.
- Conversion of an 18 acre office park into a hybrid vertical and horizontal condominium regime.
- Sale of a 22 asset portfolio consisting of hotels located in 12 states.
- Acquisition of and take-out financing for a 298 room hotel in Manhattan.
- Leasing of premises located in an office building in Spartanburg, South Carolina containing a total of 110,900 rentable square feet.
- Acquisition of a 280 room luxury hotel in Manhattan.