Abigail M. Kagan
Abigail is an associate within the Labor & Employment group and focuses her practice on representing employers in labor negotiations, agency adjudications, and litigation. She works closely with clients to ensure compliance with new laws and emerging trends, including paid family leave, the gig economy, social media, telecommuting, and artificial intelligence and data analytics. She is also well-versed in numerous other areas, including workplace harassment, wage increases, NLRA application to non-union employees, unemployment-insurance coverage, and severance agreements. Abigail has extensive experience drafting employee handbooks, discovery materials, position statements, and other advocacy materials. She has also developed management trainings on sexual harassment, hiring practices, leaves of absence, and EEO considerations. Her experience includes civil trials, labor negotiations, witness interviews, depositions, drafting key pleadings, and conducting e-discovery.
Before joining Arent Fox, Abigail interned at the New York Legal Assistance Group.
Abigail is a member of the American Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Abigail M. Lowin, Note, Changing the Means to Justify the End: Recommendations for the New York Palliative Care Information Act, 49 COLUM. J.L. & SOC. PROBS., 165 (Winter 2015).
- James Colgrove & Abigail Lowin, A Tale of Two States: Mississippi, West Virginia, and Exemptions to Compulsory School Vaccination Laws, 35 HEALTH AFF., 348 (2016).
- Presented a paper on vaccination at the Health Affairs Briefing on vaccines on February 9, 2016, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
Life Beyond the Law
Abigail enjoys cycling, brunch, and international travel.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
Columbia Law SchoolJD,Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar,2016Columbia University Mailman School of Public HealthMPH,2013Columbia College, Columbia UniversityBA,2011