Adrienne M. Hollander
Adrienne represents and counsels clients through all phases of pre-litigation and litigation on matters including intellectual property rights, real estate disputes, privacy and cybersecurity laws, New York state and federal environmental law, internal investigations, and general complex business disputes. Representative clients include Victoria's Secret and Fila.
Adrienne serves as a member of Arent Fox's Women's Initiative Committee.
Adrienne's experience includes counsel on the following:
- Defended New York juice importer in false advertising litigation under the Lanham Act and New York General Business Law on issues that had implications for FDA's regulation of truthful and nonmisleading speech regarding conditions of use not found in approved drug labeling.
- Defeated generic pharma company's motions for preliminary and permanent injunctive relief regarding the terms for the manufacturing of a generic form of a drug pursuant to a prior Hatch Waxman Settlement and ultimately reached a favorable settlement.
- Counseled a New York based drug distributor in connection with a false advertising dispute on issues relating to United States Pharmacopia (USP) standards and the implications of FDA approved grandfathered drugs.
- Represent clothing and shoe design and manufacturing companies in connection with allegations of trademark and copyright infringement through all phases of settlement and litigation.
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of a misappropriation of trade secrets case for leading mobile data collection company on behalf of the board of directors.
- Represented world renowned modeling agency on numerous legal matters, including the defense and successful dismissal of multiple class actions in New York State Supreme Court.
- Represented high profile real estate developer in tortious interference of contract case and Yellowstone injunction proceeding involving the buyout of a commercial lease at an iconic New York City building.
- Represented a former land owner in publicized litigation on environmental law issues relating to Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and ancillary state law claims and issues concerning Brownfield cleanups. Participated in the negotiation and settlement of claims before the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC).
- Served on team of government appointed independent consultant for one of the world’s largest financial institutions. Assisted in the review of the institution's existing policies and recommended improvements to the corporate governance and compliance programs across Europe, Asia, and North America.
- Lead an internal investigation and successfully negotiated a favorable resolution for a housing nonprofit company with the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York.
- Represented individual at Fortune 500 company being investigated by Department of Justice for alleged violations of the “Made In America” standards.
From 2012 to 2013 Adrienne served as the Secretary to the New York State Bar’s Special Committee on Human Trafficking. In this role she assisted with the Special Committee’s Report which examined the problem of human trafficking, evaluated the effectiveness of existing state laws and recommended solutions.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Adrienne was a litigation associate in the New York office of a prominent international law firm, where she represented clients in various stages of complex litigations.
During law school, Adrienne served as judicial intern to The Honorable Joanna Seybert in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York as well as The Honorable Nicholas Tsoucalas in the United States Court of International Trade located in New York City.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Adrienne’s recent publication includes:
- “Cyber Phishing Scams: Do You Have Coverage? – Part II,” Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, August 23, 2018
- “Cyber Phishing Scams: Do You Have Coverage? - Part I,” Pratt's Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, July/August 2018
- “Delaware Quarterly: Recent Developments in Delaware Business and Securities Law,” Securities Reform Act Litigation Reporter and Bank and Corporate Governance Law Reporter; April 2011 and January 2012, co-author
Life Beyond the Law
Adrienne enjoys yoga, scuba diving, traveling, skiing, and reading.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
St. John's University School of LawJD,Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in Contracts and Tax Law, dean’s list,2008Tufts UniversityBA,2004