Alissa F. Bard
Alissa represents clients in a wide range of business disputes and investigations, including contract, intellectual property/licensing, employment, real estate, alcohol beverage, health care, and private equity matters. She regularly counsels clients on contracts, negotiations, and mitigation of legal risk. Recently, Alissa has advised clients on real estate issues relating to the COVID-19 economic shutdown and re-opening.
Representative matters include:
- Represented athleisure brand owner and its licensees in a trademark infringement action brought by two international athletic apparel companies.
- Represented apparel owners, manufacturers, and distributors regarding trademark, copyright, and design patent issues.
- Represented trade association in internal investigation relating to allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation by an employee.
- Represented private equity firm in arbitration action brought by a former partner with respect to his separation compensation.
- Represented health care client in discrimination and retaliation action brought by a former employee.
- Represented national real estate developer in several litigations concerning the development of a shopping mall in upstate New York.
- Represented alcohol beverage distributor in third party contract action brought by an alcohol beverage producer.
- Represented organization in union contract negotiations.
- Represented national fitness company concerning alcohol beverage industry regulatory issues, including filings with various state liquor authorities.
- Represented pro bono client at hearings before the New York City Environmental Control Board and Criminal Court.
During law school, Alissa worked as an Alexander Fellow for the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Life Beyond the Law
Alissa is an active tennis player and runner. She is also an alumni interviewer for the University of Pennsylvania.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of LawJD,cum laude,2012University of PennsylvaniaBA,magna cum laude,2008