Alissa F. Bard
Alissa’s practice focuses on the resolution of business disputes, transactions, and investigations in contract, intellectual property/licensing, and employment matters. Her clients span a broad range of industries, including fashion and retail, food and beverage, technology, health care, real estate, financial services, and not-for-profit institutions. She also regularly counsels clients on business dealings and negotiations and provides strategic direction for how to mitigate legal risk.
Alissa’s approach to her work centers on strategy and efficiency. Utilizing her legal skill and business acumen, she collaborates closely with clients, including in-house lawyers, business executives, and other employees to achieve client objectives within budget.
Recently, Alissa has also advised on real estate concerns relating to the COVID-19 economic shutdown and reopening.
Representative matters include:
- Represented athleisure brand owner and its licensees in a trademark infringement action brought by two international athletic apparel companies.
- Represented apparel owners, manufacturers, and distributors regarding trademark, copyright, and design patent issues.
- Represented trade association in internal investigation relating to allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation by an employee.
- Represented private equity firm in arbitration action brought by a former partner with respect to his separation compensation.
- Represented health care client in discrimination and retaliation action brought by a former employee.
- Represented organization with respect to union negotiations and drafting of agreement.
- Represented clients in leasing issues relating to COVID-19 economic shutdown and reopening.
- Represented national real estate developer in several litigations concerning the development of a shopping mall in upstate New York.
- Represented alcohol beverage distributor in third party contract action brought by an alcohol beverage producer.
- Represented national fitness company concerning alcohol beverage industry regulatory issues, including filings with various state liquor authorities.
- Represented pro bono client at hearings before the New York City Environmental Control Board and Criminal Court.
During law school, Alissa worked as an Alexander Fellow for the Honorable Vincent L. Briccetti of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Life Beyond the Law
Alissa is an active tennis player and runner. She is also an alumni interviewer for the University of Pennsylvania.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of LawJD,cum laude,2012University of PennsylvaniaBA,magna cum laude,2008