Amy M. Donnelly
Amy has a broad-based transactional practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, and other contracting matters such as license agreements, equity incentive arrangements, financing documents, and general corporate counseling. She also represents a number of family offices in their acquisitions and investments.
Amy has counseled clients in a wide variety of industries, including sports and entertainment, technology, media, communications, real estate development, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and medical practices. She has represented clients ranging from multibillion dollar companies, to middle market companies, startups, and non-profit organizations.
Recent representative transactions include:
- the sale of Bisnow Media to Wicks Capital,
- the acquisition of Snapfish from Hewlett Packard,
- the acquisition of Whistle Labs by a Fortune 100 company,
- the sale of Kenwood Vineyards to Pernod Ricard,
- the sale of a controlling interest in Miraval Resort to KSL Resorts,
- the sale of Rapid Advance to Rockbridge Growth Equity, and
- the sale of ARPC to Madison Dearborn Partners.
Amy is also active in the field of professional sports, representing the Tampa Bay Rays. She has also represented the ownership group in the sale of the Charlotte Bobcats to Michael Jordan and investors in the Memphis Grizzlies and Atlanta Hawks.
Life Beyond the Law
Beyond the law, Amy enjoys spending time on the eastern shore, traveling, and skiing with her husband and son. She supports a number of charitable organizations throughout the Washington, DC community, including Children’s National Health System.