Andrew's practice is focused on providing transactional, regulatory, and corporate services for construction industry clients. He represents construction project owners and developers, architects, engineers, project managers, construction managers, and contractors in connection with private and public construction projects.
Andrew negotiates and drafts agreements covering the services to be provided by architects, engineers, design consultants and their subconsultants, project managers, construction managers, and contractors. He also counsels architectural and engineering firms on licensing and professional practice regulations. Andrew represents architecture, engineering, interior design, and construction firms in connection with sales and acquisitions of design and construction businesses.
Some examples of the types of projects on which Andrew has worked are:
- Stadium and Sports Complex – after the Government’s suspension of the Design-Build Contract with the design-builder, we were brought in to represent the public finance authority’s interests (as the funding source for the Project) in amending the structure of the Design-Build Contract between the government. The Amended Design-Build Contract put in place controls designed to allow the government to better control authorization of phases of work after the design is sufficiently developed, and to convert the Design-Build Contract to a fixed Sum from a Cost Plus with a Guaranteed Maximum Price.
- Providing counsel to project owners and developers of sports stadiums, including major baseball and football sports franchise owners and developers as well as designers of several major league soccer stadiums.
- Drafted and negotiated master services agreements on behalf of a public finance authority for architecture/engineering services for education projects; project management services for various public improvement projects; a design-build agreement for improvements to a public pier, proximate streets, plazas, a public pool complex, and other community and tourism-related improvements.
- Drafted agreements and general conditions on behalf of project owners, design professionals and contractors for the design and construction of corporate offices, health care facilities, multi-family housing, retail spaces for fashion clients, educational facilities, hospitals, and high-end residences.
- Sales and acquisitions of businesses. Recent matters include representing the purchasers of an engineering firm, an interior design business, an electrical contracting business, and the sellers of an architectural firm and a regional office of an engineering firm.
- Provided counsel to foreign architects that have received notice from New York state of its investigation of complaints of illegal practice.
Throughout Andrew's career, he has worked in the New York office of national law firms.
Andrew is an affiliate member of the American Council of Engineering Companies of New York and a member of its Legal Counsel Group.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Legal 500 US - Construction Law (2014)
- Legal 500 US - Construction Law (2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America - Construction Law (2016-2019)