Anne-Carmene has experience working with a variety of assets, including gas-fired, nuclear, and hydroelectric power plants, mines, airports and oil refineries in both domestic and cross-border matters involving project finance and other secured financing transactions. She has also represented developers and contractors in the negotiation of project agreements, including engineering, procurement and construction contracts, O&M agreements and service agreements.
Anne-Carmene has represented:
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. in the formation of a joint venture in Brazil with Odebrecht TransPort S.A. (transportation arm of Brazilian conglomerate Odebrecht S.A.), which will be devoted to developing and operating public-private partnership (PPP) projects in the Brazilian urban mobility transportation market. Mitsui will own 40% of the joint venture company, which will have an investment plan of approximately US$6.5 billion.
- A U.S. opportunity fund in the acquisition and financing of several commercial and hotel properties in Japan.
- A leading investment fund in the acquisition, financing and management of a residential property in Japan.
- A global real estate investment partnership affiliated with M3 Capital Partners, in the refinancing for Quraz (Japan's largest self-storage company) and all of Quraz's self-storage properties.
- Cerro de Aguila in its $595 million financing of a 525 MW hydroelectric power plant in Peru. Project Finance magazine recognized the transaction as a 2013 Latin American power deal of the year.
Anne-Carmene previously worked at an international law firm in New York. During her time at this law firm, she also practiced in their Tokyo office.
Life Beyond the Law
Anne-Carmene is Trustee on the Board of Trustees of Prep for Prep, a leadership development program based in NYC that provides access to superior education and life-changing opportunities for smart and dedicated students of color.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
Columbia Law SchoolJD2008Harvard UniversityBA2003