Beverly E. Hjorth
Beverly is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property group. Her practice focuses on the prosecution of US and foreign patent applications, trademark prosecution, and related matters such as opinions, licensing, and intellectual property portfolio assessments.
Beverly practices particularly in the fields of mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, materials, medical devices, optics, manufacturing, structural and civil engineering, and computer-implemented inventions. She has written and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications for clients of all sizes, from individual inventors and small and medium size enterprises to large corporations and universities.
Prior to attending law school, Beverly was a Patent Examiner with the US Patent and Trademark Office examining patent applications in a mechanical art unit. Beverly was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
Memberships and Boards
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Association
- American Bar Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers
Life Beyond the Law
- Cantilena, A Women's Chorale, Treasurer
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- US Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
Boston University School of LawJD,1988Princeton UniversityMSE,1982Lehigh UniversityBS,1979