Claudia D. Hartleben
Claudia works on a wide range of international trade issues, including representing global companies in international trade litigation and administrative proceedings.
She also represents private and sovereign clients in matters involving international dispute resolution, including proceedings before the World Trade Organization (Anti-Dumping Agreement) and arbitration under the auspices of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes, the International Chamber of Commerce, and ad hoc arbitrations pursuant to the UNCITRAL arbitration rules.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Claudia was an associate in the Washington, DC office of an international law firm. She focused her practice on antidumping proceedings before the Department of Commerce and appeals at the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Her practice also involved representation of sovereigns in international investment disputes. After law school, Claudia served as a law clerk to Chief Judge Fernando Gaitan, Jr., at the US District Court of the Western District of Missouri.
- Co-Educational Director at National Hispanic Institute, 2015 Northeast Great Debate at Villanova University
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Member of Board of Directors (’14-’15)
- American University L.L.M. International Arbitration Moot Court Competition, Head Coach (’13-’15)
- American Bar Association Judicial Internship Opportunity Program, Mentor and Volunteer
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Speaker, “Delivering on the Promise of International Arbitration: How Can Parties Obtain the Value and Efficiency that International Commercial Arbitration Is Supposed to Provide?,” Greenberg Traurig, October 16, 2019
- Speaker, “International Arbitration: Friend or Foe of Corporations?,” American University Business Law Review’s Symposium, February 12, 2019
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- US Court of International Trade
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
American University, Washington College of LawJD,2009University of IllinoisBS,Political Science with Honors,2005