Clayton counsels clients on a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters, including entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital financing, debt and equity financing, and corporate governance. He also advises health care clients on a broad range of transactional and regulatory issues, including Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and reimbursement, tax-exempt organization matters, fraud and abuse law compliance, and licensure.
Clayton's clients consist of entrepreneurs, start-ups, large family owned and privately held companies, nursing facilities, physicians, and other health care providers. Clayton was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Represented numerous providers of long-term care and aging services in purchases of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
- Represented an executive recruiting firm in connection with its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented multiple cloud-based software and website developer companies in sales to private equity firms.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in preferred stock equity financing.
- Represented national health system in its acquisition of two hospitals.
- Represented several anesthesia services practices in the sale of the equity of the practices to various private equity buyers.
- Represented national telecommunications company in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Assisted and counseled several startup entities on formation, governance, and financing issues.
Life Beyond the Law
Outside the office, Clayton enjoys reading exploring the outdoors with his dog and spending time with friends and family.