Daniel L. Monger
He has a national practice with an emphasis on real estate, including the acquisition, sale, leasing, finance and development of commercial property. He also is often involved with joint venture, lending, and merger and acquisition transactions. Dan has completed transactions in 43 states so far.
Dan works with a wide variety of clients including investment funds and REITs, commercial developers, Fortune 500 corporations, national retailers, closely held family businesses and banks. He also has specialized expertise in the permitting and construction of new commercial projects. Dan’s undergraduate degree is in Architecture and he practiced in that field for four years prior to attending law school. Dan was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Representation of an Industrial REIT in connection with over 50 national property acquisitions ranging typically from $10,000,000 to over $75,000,000 per transaction.
- Representation of an institutional investment fund in connection with a $65,000,000 acquisition and financing of a multi-building suburban office park.
- Representation of an office REIT in connection with a $72,000,000 acquisition and financing of an urban multi-building office property.
- Representation of buyers and sellers in over $700,000,000 of sale-leaseback transactions.
- Acquisition and sale of many office, industrial, retail and mixed-use buildings throughout the country.
- Representation of a Fortune 20 national retail chain with the development of over 100 new stores nationwide.
- Representation of both landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation of millions of square feet of office, retail and industrial leases throughout the country.
- Representation of commercial developers in connection with the permitting and development of new office, industrial, retail, residential and mixed- use projects.
- Negotiation of AIA construction and design contracts for many commercial projects.
- Representation of a national convenience/gas store chain in the acquisition and development of over 30 new store locations.
- Representation of buyers of hotels, resorts, and senior care living facilities.
Awards & Recognition
- Dan was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2007.
Memberships & Boards
- NAIOP, former member of Massachusetts Chapter Executive Committee, and former Chair of each of the Programs, Education and Special Events Committees
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Scituate Skatepark Development Committee, Chairman
- Town of Scituate, former Vice Chairman of Planning Board, and former member of the Bylaw Review Commission
Life Beyond the Law
Dan grew up in Colorado and Wyoming, but now lives with his wife and three children in the seaside community of Scituate in the South Shore area of Boston. Dan enjoys singing and playing the guitar in local rock bands and writing and recording original music. He also enjoys traveling, especially to the Caribbean.