Diane M. Lambillotte
Diane has extensive experience in the procurement and protection of intellectual property assets across various industries, such as retail, restaurant, food and beverage services, including beverage alcohol, sports and entertainment, finance and banking, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, advertising and publishing, telecommunications, and a variety of consumer products and luxury goods. Her clients include, among others, the oldest and largest privately-held coffee and tea retailer in the United States, one of the country’s oldest racing organizations and the largest domestic content and advertising network for local businesses.
Diane provides counseling, portfolio management, and assistance to clients in connection with all aspects of obtaining, managing, and enforcing trademark rights, both domestically and internationally. This includes prosecuting applications for the registration of trademarks and post-registration maintenance filings with the US Patent and Trademark Office and under the Madrid Protocol; working with foreign counsel to obtain registration and conduct enforcement of marks internationally; counseling clients on the selection and use of marks, including in advertising materials; participating in inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board to obtain, defend, and enforce trademark rights; and handling cease and desist matters involving trademark, copyright, and domain name issues.
Diane has also done extensive pro bono trademark work for various non-profit organizations, including those in the fields of laws and policy initiatives affecting women and girls in the areas of health, employment, economic security, and education; cancer awareness, research, and education; children’s advocacy and issues; and employment job skills and training.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Diane was counsel in the Los Angeles office of an international law firm, where she focused on procuring and protecting trademark rights, both domestically and internationally, for a variety of clients.
Diane is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) where she currently serves on the Public Information Committee.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Diane’s recent publications and presentations include:
- Author, "Incontestability of Marks in the United States and Canada: A Comparison of Perspectives and Purposes," INTABulletin, August 2014
- Panelist, Bridgeport CLE Program, “Understanding IP Law for In-house Counsel & Non IP Lawyers,” November 2013
- Panelist, “Overview of 2010 Developments in Lanham Act, Social Media, Trademark and Copyright Law,” January 2011 (Presentation and Webinar)
- Panelist, “IP/Technology: Year in Review and Trends for 2010,” January 2010 (Presentation and Webinar)
- Table Topic Facilitator, “USPTO Practice and Filing Tips,” INTA Annual Meetings, 2010 and 2007
- Moderator, INTA Roundtable Programs, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Author of various articles, INTA Bulletin, 2008-2009
Life Beyond the Law
Diane served as Chair of the Commission on the Status of Women for the City of Glendale, California.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
Loyola Law SchoolJDProduction Editor, Entertainment Law Journal, 1992-93; Staff Writer, Entertainment Law Journal, 1991-921993California State Polytechnic University, PomonaBAmagna cum laude1980