Dustin F. Hecker
Dusty represents corporations, individuals and partnerships in litigations, arbitrations and negotiations involving contracts, business torts, securities law violations, intellectual property, covenants not to compete and other commercial matters.
He is frequently asked to arbitrate commercial disputes and is available to mediate many types of cases.
Dusty also tries professional liability cases on behalf of attorneys, accountants and other professionals, especially cases in which business transactions are at issue. Dustry was previously a Partner at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
Represented manufacturer in multi-million dollar dispute with customer over alleged product defects.
- Represented distributor of satellite television services in litigation, in California federal court, involving most critical aspects of client’s distributorship agreement.
- Defended client in Florida federal court trial, arising out of client’s decision not to purchase skilled nursing facility.
- Represented biotech firm and senior employee in non-compete and trade secrets case.
- Defended former owners of manufacturing business in multi-million dollar arbitration commenced by buyers of business.
- Defended national governing body of international sport in contract litigation.
- Represented health care company in claim against largest business partner.
- Represented sports agency in claim by former agent for amounts claimed under employment agreement.
- Enforced non-competition agreement against former senior officer of consumer products manufacturer.
- Arbitrated dispute between managers of venture capital fund and financial backers of fund.
- Arbitrated business valuation dispute.
- Defended lawyer against claim that he had mishandled sizeable securities fraud litigation.
- Boston Bar Association, Council, Former Member
- Boston Bar Association, Ethics Committee, Former Co-chair
- Boston Bar Association, Litigation Section, Former Co-chair
Life Beyond the Law
Dusty can frequently be found viewing the world through through his camera, exploring the Great Outdoors, and watching or playing sports of various kinds.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- US Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
University of Virginia School of LawJD,Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor,1983University of VirginiaBA,1978
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2006–2018