Genaira L. Tyce
Genaira is an experienced labor attorney with particular expertise helping her clients strategically navigate labor and employment law matters, including investigating, litigating, and negotiating difficult labor law cases with complex and often controversial factual and legal issues and widespread economic implications.
She is highly skilled in negotiating pre-trial settlements to help clients avoid trial whenever possible. However, if the matter necessitates a hearing, she also has experience serving as first chair in unfair labor practice litigation involving collective-bargaining, adverse employment actions, joint employer, successorship, workplace rules, strikes, and other issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act.
Before joining Arent Fox, Genaira was a Senior Field Attorney at the National Labor Relations Board in Brooklyn, NY for nearly ten years. Prior to that, Genaira worked as a contract attorney in the Litigation Department of an AmLaw 200 firm.
Genaira most recently served as a Government Fellow for the American Bar Association’s Section of Labor & Employment Law from 2017 to 2020. She is also a current member of the Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
While in law school, she served as a student attorney for the Children’s Education Law Clinic and as vice president of the Black Law Students Association. She was also a 3L Representative to the Lateral Faculty Recruitment Board for the Duke Bar Association.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Developing Labor Law, Seventh Edition Cumulative Supplement, Chapter 26, Chapter Editor (2018)
- How to Take a Case Before the NLRB, Ninth Ed., Chapter Reviewer (2016)
- Chapter 10: Postelection Procedures
- Chapter 21: Ancillary Judicial Proceedings—Injunctions and Subpoena Enforcement
- Moderator, “Anarchy, Business as Usual, Or Something in Between: Lucia v. SEC, and the Constitutional Challenge to the NLRB’s ALJs (February 2019)
- Moderator, “Why Do Professors Unionize, but Techies Do Not” ABA 12th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Conference (November 2018)
- Speaker, “I’m Still Hoping for a Raise, Denying a Wage Increase During Bargaining” ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Committee on the Development of the Law Under the NLRA Midwinter Meeting (February 2018)
- Speaker, “Mock R-Case Trial” ABA 11th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Conference (November 2017)
- Speaker, “The Evolving Law of Successorship in Business Transactions” ABA 10th Annual Section of Labor & Employment Law Conference (November 2016)
- Speaker, “The Wind Beneath Our Wings: The Board Agents Speak: Time to Litigate” ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Committee on Practice & Procedure Under the NLRA Midwinter Meeting (February 2016)
Life Beyond the Law
Genaira enjoys running and indoor cycling in her free time. She’ll often explore different New York City neighborhoods on her runs, and she is a recurring participant of the Brooklyn Half Marathon.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
Duke University School of LawJDHampton UniversityBA,magna cum laude, Political Science Department Honors