Ira J. Deitsch
Ira's practice concentrates on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, limited liability companies and partnerships, real estate syndications, commercial contract drafting for transactions and matters both within and outside the United States, tax law, estate planning and general business law, with an emphasis on tax, estate, and transition planning for owners of closely held businesses.
A significant part of Ira’s practice consists of advising and representing individuals, companies, and businesses involved in the dental industry, locally, nationally, and internationally. In this regard, Ira has represented individual dental professionals, manufacturers and distributors of dental instruments and other dental products, dental laboratories, marketing and branding companies with a concentration in the dental industry, companies providing continuing education to dental professionals, and publishers of on-line and hard copy content for the dental industry.
Ira also advises clients on tax planning for real estate transactions and specific business transactions, such as sales, acquisitions, and mergers. He also counsels clients on estate and gift tax issues regarding the transition of a closely held family business from one generation to the next, as well as other estate planning issues. Ira was previously the Managing Partner of Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Represented two master general agencies, separately, in the sale of their auto insurance business to separate private equity firms, one for $190M, the other for $130M.
- Represented an electronic infrastructure business in connection with its sale to a public company.
- Represented a closely held distributor of dental products in connection with its sale for $70+M to a publicly traded company.
- Represented an executive recruiting firm in connection with its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a pension plan administration company in its sale to a leading North American insurance brokerage company.
- Represented a company engaged in providing higher education marketing services in its purchase of a UK higher education marketing company.
- Represented a closely held continuing dental education company in its sale to a venture capital company.
- Represented a manufacturer of precision abrasives in its sale to an international company.
- Represent, on a continuing basis, a civil, environmental, and transportation engineering company in its acquisition of other engineering companies.
Life Beyond the Law
Ira represents and advises numerous nonprofit organizations.