Jake focuses on general commercial litigation, copyright and trademark litigation, insurance disputes, data privacy and cybersecurity, and entertainment. He has extensive experience representing major national corporations in all facets of litigation and has successfully resolved numerous matters across varying fields.
He also is experienced at counseling policyholder companies in insurance disputes with their insurance carriers and he has extensive experience representing international and domestic insurers in matters involving cyber liability, employment practices liability, and directors and officers liability. He has counseled numerous companies through both domestic and international data breaches and cyber security incidents, and has provided guidance on data privacy and cybersecurity best practices under state and federal legal frameworks.
Jake’s experience includes:
- Successfully resolving numerous copyright and trademark claims against multiple major national clothing retailers.
- Representing a major international electronics manufacturer and retailer against Lanham Act and false advertising claims.
- Successfully representing an auto dealership in obtaining coverage for a wrongful employment lawsuit from its insurance company.
- Defending an agricultural technology startup and its founders against fraud, rescission, and employment lawsuits.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Jake was an associate at a national law firm. He also served as a judicial extern to The Honorable Barry Russell, US Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California.
- “Cyber Phishing Scams: Do You Have Coverage? – Part II,” Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, August 23, 2018
- “Cyber Phishing Scams: Do You Have Coverage?– Part I,” Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, August 23, 2018
Life Beyond the Law
Jake spends his other waking hours reading, flying to foreign countries to eat their food, and lamenting Boston sports’ unparalleled, unrivaled, and unprecedented run of success.