Jeannette Carneiro McLaughlin
Jeannette co-leads the firm’s Prescription Drugs, Biologics and Diagnostics Industry Group and is a member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Group. She focuses on business counseling, mergers & acquisitions, private placements, venture capital financings, licensing, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Jeannette has served in the role of outside general counsel to numerous companies, managing their day-to-day global legal needs and handling a broad range of business-related matters. She represents companies in a broad range of industries, including software, digital media and entertainment, mobile, consumer internet, clean tech, medical device, health care service, and life sciences.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeannette practiced at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP, Feinberg Hanson LLP and Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP in Boston, and at Brobeck Hale and Dorr in London, England.
- Represented a company with an innovative athleisure brand from shortly after its initial formation as a Massachusetts limited liability company, through its conversion into a Delaware corporation, on various management changes including the negotiation with and buy back of shares from an initial founder, and the onboarding of a highly successful serial entrepreneur and Harvard Business School professor to be the chief executive officer, and several rounds of convertible note and equity financing.
- Represented a company implementing significant water infrastructure and purification projects globally, including in connection with the negotiation of acquisitions and financings of multiple entities and the organization of substantial activities in Latin America.
- Represented a lithium ion battery manufacturer, from inception through over $300M in equity financing and the development of manufacturing facilities throughout Asia.
- Represented a seasoned executive and entrepreneur, in entrepreneurial activities and several acquisitions including the acquisitions of two telecommunications companies in Ireland and a satellite technology company in The Netherlands, as well as in multiple investments in early stage data analytics companies and in forming a global web media company.
- Advised numerous entrepreneurs in the formation, financing and operation of their early stage businesses.
- Represented numerous companies in acquisition and sale transactions.
- Represented several venture capital firms in financing of portfolio companies.
- Represented several private equity firms in their acquisitions of portfolio companies.
- Represented numerous founders and serial entrepreneurs with respect to equity arrangements, employment matters and matters relating to the sale of their companies.
Memberships & Boards
- Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Corporate Law Committee in the Business Transactions Section (2016-2018)
- Member of the Board of Directors of CDA Collaborative Learning Projects, an international nonprofit organization that aims to improve the effectiveness of peacebuilding, development, and humanitarian organizations working in fragile and conflict-affected contexts
- Greater Boston Chambers of Commerce Women's Leadership Program
Awards & Recognition
- Boston's Most Recommended Startup Corporate Lawyers (Companyon Ventures 2018 Boston Founders' Short List)
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
“COVID-19 Global Trade Webinar Series: Financial Programs Under the CARES Act”, Massachusetts Export Center, April 9, 2020
Life Beyond the Law
Jeannette loves spending time with her children and traveling abroad.