Jonathan P. Bagg
Jonathan has experience with a number of different transaction types including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and debt restructurings. In addition, he has represented several clients in connection with the delivery or receipt of financial advisory services, including fairness opinions and solvency opinions.
Jonathan also counsels several clients, including a major outdoor retailer, a regional airline, and an association of student loan providers and servicers, on general corporate matters.
Jonathan’s client work includes:
- Receivables factoring facilities for several different clients including government receivables and receivables in connection with provision of launch services to satellite companies
- Representing emerging companies in connection with venture loans from many different venture lenders
- Negotiating an Asset Based Lending facility from JPMorgan for a major shoe retailer
- Representing venture capital and private equity fund clients as borrowers in connection with capital call based lines of credit
- Representing several different pharmaceutical and biosimilar companies as well as medical device manufacturers in connection with term loans and revolving lines of credit
- Representing clients in FinTech and EdTech industries in connection with various loan facilities, including traditional cash flow loans and structured credits
- Local TV, LLC and Local TV Finance, LLC in connection with a $250 million senior secured term loan and revolving credit dividend recapitalization facility.
- FoxCo Acquisition Sub in connection with its $785 million senior secured term loan and revolving credit dividend recapitalization facility, which amended and extended its 2008 credit facilities.
- Reichhold Industries in connection with the restructuring of its $200 million senior secured notes due 2017 and the entry into a $22 million asset-based loan facility.
- Palm Beach Broadcasting in connection with financing related to its acquisition of several radio stations in the Palm Beach, Florida market from CBS Radio.
- GoodRadio.TV in connection with the refinancing of its first lien and second lien credit facilities.
- Smith Media in connection with the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities.
- AutoTrader.com in connection with an amendment to its $1.284 billion syndicated senior secured revolving credit and term loan facilities to permit a $400 million dividend recapitalization.
- Manheim Automotive Financial Services in connection with the refinancing of its loans to DriveTime Automotive Group, secured by motor vehicles and related assets.
- Bahakel Communications in connection with the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities into a new 1st lien / 2nd lien capital structure.
- West Marine in connection with its $120 million amended and restated loan and security agreement.
- Digity Media in connection with an $85.8 million 1st lien revolving credit and term loan facilities and a $36.9 million 2nd lien term loan facility to finance the acquisition of radio stations throughout the US
- Mapleton Radio Holdings in connection with a new term loan facility to finance the acquisition of radio stations from affiliates of Opus Media Partners.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Jonathan worked as special counsel at a prominent law firm. He also was an intern at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Office of International Corporate Finance and spent several years as the assistant to the vice chair at the US Export-Import Bank.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of AmericaJD,magna cum laude,2004The Catholic University of AmericaBA,cum laude,1999