Jordana L. Renert
Jordana has extensive experience in all aspects of financial restructurings, distressed situations and bankruptcy reorganization, municipality and liquidation proceedings. Her practice involves representing creditors’ committees, indenture trustees, agents and bondholders in bankruptcy proceedings, as well as acquirors of and investors in troubled, distressed, and bankrupt companies.
Jordana has a broad range of restructuring experience across a number of industries including oil and gas; energy; mining and exploration; publishing; manufacturing; retail; and healthcare and assisted living.
Jordana’s representations have included:
- The official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of SquareTwo Financial Services Corporation, Rooster Energy, L.L.C., Shoreline Energy LLC, Energy & Exploration Partners, Inc., Allied Nevada Gold Corp., Cengage Learning, Inc., Morris | Schneider | Wittstadt Va., PLLC, Advance Watch Company, Ltd., Point Blank Solutions, Inc., Passaic Healthcare Services, New Beginning Care, LLC, Rock & Republic Enterprises, Inc., and Peninsula Hospital Center.
- A second lien indenture trustee and collateral agent in the chapter 11 cases of Linn Energy LLC, Linc USA GP, and Endeavour Operating Corporation.
- An indenture trustee in the chapter 11 cases of Sabine Oil and Gas Corp., SandRidge Energy, Inc., Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation, Goodrich Petroleum Corporation, BPZ Resources, Inc., Bankers’ Bancorporation of Florida, Inc., Dynegy Holdings, LLC, Bank United Financial Corporation, Washington Mutual, Inc., TOUSA, Inc., Velocity Express Corporation, Orleans Homebuilders Inc., and East West Resort Development V LP LLLP.
- The creditor trustee in the chapter 11 cases of SquareTwo Financial Services Corporation; Shoreline Energy LLC, Energy & Exploration Partners, Inc., Allied Nevada Gold Corp., Point Blank Solutions, Inc., and Rock & Republic Enterprises, Inc.
- A midstream counterparty in the chapter 11 cases of Bonanza Creek Energy, Inc.
- The official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 9 case of Kennewick Public Hospital District.
- A bond insurer in the chapter 9 cases of the City of Detroit, City of Stockton, City of San Bernardino, and City of Harrisburg.
- The Vanguard Group, Inc., as a creditor and member of the official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Sellers and purchasers of debt and equity positions of troubled, distressed and bankrupt business entities and acquirors and purchasers of assets of insolvent and bankrupt entities in such industries as metals manufacturing; telecommunications; cosmetics manufacturing; e-commerce and technology; and hospitality.
Debtors and Distressed Companies
- The debtors in the chapter 11 cases Morgan Industries Corporation, and The Walking Company
- Several small businesses in connection with their out-of-court wind-down
Jordana previously worked as bankruptcy associate in the New York office of a prominent law firm. She represented debtors and professionals in large chapter 11 cases. While attending law school, Jordana interned for the Honorable Adlai S. Hardin, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York.
Jordana is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and editor of the Business Reorganization Committee Newsletter.
Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
Jordana was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015, 2016, and 2017. In 2016, Jordana received three Atlas Awards from the Global M&A Network : Mining & Restructuring of the Year – Allied Nevada God Corp, Cross Border Turnaround of the Year/Mid Markets – Advance Watch Company, and Corporate Turnaround of the Year/Large – Exide Technologies Chapter 11 Reorganization
Jordana's recent publications include:
- "Adequately Reforming Adequate Protection?" ABI Business Reorganization Committee Newsletter; June 2015
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Brooklyn Law SchoolJDmagna cum laude, Award: Professor Barry L. Zaretsky Bankruptcy Fellowship2007Cornell UniversityBSIndustrial and Labor Relations2003