Joseph P. Crimmins
With nearly 30 years of experience, Joe practices in the areas of business litigation, employment disputes and non-competition agreements, medical malpractice, personal injury, legal malpractice, and probate litigation. Joe also represents the firm’s clients in real estate tax abatement matters. He has tried numerous cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators, and has litigated matters in state and federal courts, including appellate courts.
Joe has also obtained many high value settlements for the individuals and families he represents in catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice claims. Joe is routinely in the courtroom and his unrelenting representation of clients is second nature. Joe was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Successfully tried to verdict a seven-figure business dispute representing a Minority Business Enterprise against a general contractor.
- Defended a company against claims for unfair business practices and fraud brought by national food distribution company.
- Represented a national telecommunications cooperative in a substantial breach of contract claim against a direct broadcast satellite provider.
- Advised the firm’s insurance company clients in coverage determinations, the prosecution of declaratory judgment actions, and defending bad faith litigation.
- Represented a family in connection with catastrophic injuries arising out of a construction site accident.
- Represented employees and employers in litigation regarding enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation, non-disclosure provisions and other restrictive covenants.
- Secured a seven-figure settlement in a medical malpractice claim arising out of a failure to diagnose infectious disease in an infant, resulting in permanent brain injuries and quadriplegia.
- Obtained a seven-figure settlement in a medical malpractice case arising out of a failure to properly treat a pregnant mother resulting in the premature birth of twin boys.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a decedent’s family in a complex wrongful death case against a national pet store chain.
- Successfully represented numerous commercial real estate owners in real estate tax abatement matters throughout Massachusetts.
- Defended product manufacturer against claims for personal injury and breach of warranty of merchantability.
- Defended an employer in a class action lawsuit arising out of the Massachusetts Wage Act.
Memberships & Boards
- Boston Bar Association
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Swampscott School Building Committee, Chair
- Swampscott Master Planning Update Committee, Chair
- World Ocean School, Board of Directors
- Read To A Child
Life Beyond the Law
Joe enjoys racing his Beneteau First 36.7, with varying degrees of success, and skiing.