Justin A. Goldberg
Justin represents clients in a wide variety of commercial transactions, including corporate structuring, finance, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance, and general corporate law.
Justin’s representative matters include consummation of the following transactions:
- Lead associate in advising a regional dealer group in the sale of its dealership assets and real property to an affiliate of an international automotive dealership group.
- Lead associate in advising the seller in the sale of an automobile franchise located in California.
Insurance & Reinsurance Industry
- Lead associate in a complex sale process for a large regional insurance brokerage in its successful sale to a private equity backed roll-up of leading independent property, casualty and employee benefits brokerage firms.
- Lead associate in advising a medium-sized regional insurance brokerage in its successful sale to a private equity backed roll-up of leading independent brokerage firms.
- Negotiating the Sugar Bowl’s participation agreements and various game related issues, including the Sugar Bowl’s hosting of the College Football Playoff semifinal game every four years.
- Revising a sponsorship agreement with a prominent professional sports athlete for a key brand of a Fortune 500 company.
- Pro Bono representation of NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund in a major litigation challenging Harris County’s bail system.
- Representing a Chinese investment company in its Series A investment in a virtual reality and video game company, affiliated with the acclaimed director Michael Bay.
- Lead associate in advising a prominent regional audio/visual company in its successful sale to a national customer-centric exhibition services provider.
Previously, Justin regularly counseled mutual funds, insurance-dedicated funds and investment advisers on a wide range of regulatory, transactional and compliance matters. He also counseled mutual fund boards and independent board members on regulatory and corporate governance related matters. Justin additionally handled matters relating to money market funds and was actively involved in advising clients on the SEC's July 2014 money market fund reforms.
Justin previously worked as an associate in the Financial Services Group of a prominent law firm. Justin also worked as a legal intern for Fox Cable Networks and NBC Universal.
During law school, Justin co-founded the USC Business Law Society and the USC Business Law Advisor, a student-run publication of advisory articles relevant to the intersection of business and law.
Publications, Presentations, and Recognitions
In connection with Justin's pro-bono work for the Veterans Legal Institute, he recently received the following recognitions:
- U.S. House of Representatives – Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition, from Congresswoman Mimi Walters (CA-45), dated December 1, 2016;
- U.S. House of Representatives – Certificate of Congressional Recognition, from Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (CA-46), dated December 1, 2016;
- State of California Senate – Certificate of Recognition, from State Senator Janet Nguyen (CA-34), dated December 1, 2016;
- The State Bar of California – Wiley W. Manuel Certificate, from Daniel J. Pasternak (President 2015-1016), dated June 2016; and
- The State Bar of California – Wiley W. Manuel Certificate, from Craig Holden (President 2014-1015), dated April 2015.
Life Beyond the Law
Justin is a fan of the Malcolm Gladwell books and Dan Brown novels. He loves travelling and has visited various European cities.