Kaila D. Clark
Kaila assists on a variety of complex litigation matters.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Kaila was a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Raheem L. Mullins of the Connecticut Supreme Court. Kaila has experience drafting bench memoranda, orders and opinions in complex criminal and civil cases. Kaila also possesses experience interviewing witnesses and stakeholders in both the civil and criminal context. Before law school, Kaila was a Special Education Teacher in the NYC public school system.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Kaila has been recognized by the Massachusetts Black Women Attorneys (MBWA) as their 2020 Blanche E. Braxton scholarship recipient for her academic, personal, and professional accomplishments within the legal community.
- In September 2019, Kaila published an article, “Boeing Takes Flight: Application of the NLRB’s New Standards for Workplace Rule,” for Bender’s Labor and Employment Bulletin.
- Kaila was an organizational leader and speaker during the 2018 “National Black-Pre Law” conference, which is a powerful forum to provide aspiring attorneys of color with information, resources, and contacts that will assist them in their legal journey.
- In December 2018, Kaila published “Risking Justice: An Analysis of Risk Assessment Use in the Criminal Justice System” with the NuLawLab, an interdisciplinary innovation laboratory at Northeastern University. This publication was successfully used as the basis for a grant by the NuLawLab to examine the application of automated decision-making algorithms in the criminal legal system ascertaining the effect of such systems on stakeholder confidence in, and opinion of, the criminal justice system, and articulating a path towards developing algorithms free of unlawful bias.
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Black Women Attorneys
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Teach for America AmeriCorps Corp Member, 2013-2017
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
Northeastern University School of LawJD,2020Hunter CollegeMA,2015State University of New York at AlbanyMA,2013The Pennsylvania State UniversityBA,2012