Kirsten A. Hart
Kirsten's practice has an emphasis in Business, Securities, and Intellectual Property Litigation. Her practice focuses on contract disputes, claims of common law fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty, copyright and trademark infringement claims, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, and product liability.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Kirsten was an associate at a national law firm, where she specialized in business litigation, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and shareholder derivative claims, as well as intellectual property law.
Private Securities Litigation
Successfully defended an early stage media company, its president, and former CEO and co-founder against fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, and violations of Corporations Code sections 25401 and 25501 claims brought by an investor.
Successfully defended members of the board of directors of an early stage alternative energy company against indemnity, contribution, and apportionment of fault claims brought by the company’s officers and other members of the board who were defendants in an ongoing misrepresentation and fraud matter based on their roles in the company.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- "Exploring Intermediary Liability In Crowdfunding," Law360, June 17, 2016
- "SEC Opens New Frontier For Online Private Financing," Law360, June 14, 2016
- “Private Financing Alternatives: the JOBS Act of 2012,” CalCPA Annual Conference, Los Angeles, CA, May 2015
- "Avoiding Securities Litigation: Key Provisions and Pitfalls in Private Offering Memoranda," Bench & Bar Conference, Santa Barbara, CA, January 2015
- Kirsten has consistently been recognized by Super Lawyer magazine as a “Rising Star.”
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
University of San Francisco School of LawJD2008University of California, BerkeleyBA2005