Lauren often functions in the role of outside counsel and legal advisor to newly formed and mature companies in general business areas. She also represents the interests of individual shareholders in connection with the sale or restructuring of their business or internal shareholder disputes. In all representations, Lauren seeks to integrate a practical understanding and appreciation of her client’s overall business objectives, resources and affiliations with specific legal advice and judgment.
Lauren was Posternak Blankstein & Lund's Managing Partner from 2000 – 2008, and in addition to her legal practice provides management consulting to owners and managers of professional service organizations.
- Structuring, negotiation and documentation of strategic business relationships.
- Representation of individual or groups of shareholders in corporate transactions or shareholder disputes.
- Legal counsel to owners and executives of mid-size businesses in a range of industries from publishing to medical devices.
Memberships and Boards
- The Commonwealth Institute, Board Member and CEO Forum Leader
- Island Readers & Writers (a non-profit literacy organization serving children in remote Maine island and coastal communities), Former Chair of the Board
- Chair Municipal Advisory Council, Frenchboro, Maine
Life Beyond the Law
Lauren is an amateur chamber musician (oboe and piano).
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
Harvard Law SchoolJD,cum laude,1984Harvard CollegeBA,cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa,1979
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2004, 2006, and 2008
- One of the “Top 10 Attorneys” in Women’s Business 2005 and 2006