Leah specializes in trade policy issues, such as the Section 232 tariffs on steel and aluminum, the Section 301 tariffs on imports from China and the EU, and the negotiation of trade agreements. She also counsels clients on global trade strategies and export compliance.
Leah works with clients in diverse sectors, including the automotive, manufacturing, construction, and food and beverage industries. She advises on a wide-range of matters impacting production, supply chain, and product sourcing options.
- Represent clients in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the US International Trade Commission, US Department of Commerce, US Court of International Trade, and US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as dispute settlement panels before the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Provide guidance on trade policy issues involving duties, quotas, and other special import restrictions, including Section 232 and Section 301 duties, and the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
- Assist clients by tracking and analyzing high-impact legislative developments in the international trade sector and advocating before Congress and the Office of the US Trade Representative in priority areas.
- Advise companies on their import compliance, including identifying risks, developing risk management strategies, and optimizing supply chain structures to remain compliant with US Customs and Border Protection requirements.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Leah was an associate at a specialized international trade firm in Washington, DC where she focused on antidumping and countervailing duty investigations and administrative reviews. Leah also advised clients on import and export compliance and global trade strategies.
Leah is a member of the American Bar Association, International Law Section. She is also a member of the Association of Women in International Trade, the Customs and International Trade Bar Association – Young Lawyers Committee, and the Federal Circuit Bar Association.
Life Beyond the Law
Leah enjoys traveling and outdoor activities, especially skiing and hiking.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- US Court of International Trade
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
American University, Washington College of LawJD,2014University of RichmondBA,2011