Lindsay represents and counsels clients ranging from individuals and family businesses to international organizations and Fortune 500 companies in the fashion, beauty, entertainment, music, retail, consumer goods, food and beverage, health, and technology industries, among others.
Her practice involves trademark and copyright litigation, IP prosecution, global trademark and copyright portfolio management, and IP and entertainment related transactions. Lindsay is a relentless advocate for her clients and particularly excels at identifying, crafting, and executing novel strategies and creative solutions in both litigation and litigation-avoidance alike.
Prior to law, she worked in the contemporary art world managing high-value collections and advising artists, private collectors, galleries, and non-profit organizations.
- In the litigation space, Lindsay handles all stages of IP litigation in federal court and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Victories include: successfully asserting trademark and copyright claims on behalf of a client in the SaaS industry against an infringing competitor; successfully asserting various claims on behalf of a designer to shut down a damaging and defamatory third party website; and obtaining a favorable settlement for a defendant in the footwear space after asserting vigorous defenses against the plaintiff’s novel trade dress claims.
- In the prosecution space, she assists clients in procuring trademark and copyright registrations and manages worldwide IP portfolios in an array of fields. She also provides day-to-day advice on issues including rights clearance, moral rights, and litigation-avoidance in digital and traditional media and retail environments.
- In the transactional space, Lindsay has extensive experience drafting and negotiating brand and IP licenses, joint venture agreements, advertising services agreements, releases, production agreements, software licenses, IT procurement contracts, and, of course, settlement and co-existence agreements. She also performs IP due diligence for private equity and venture capital financings and M&A transactions (buy- and sell-sides).
- Lindsay maintains an active pro bono practice representing artists, including through general copyright counseling and drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements such as gallery representation, consignment, and services agreements.
Before joining Arent Fox, Lindsay worked at a boutique intellectual property law firm in New York City. She also served as a Junior Law Clerk for the Hon. Jack B. Weinstein at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, New York Intellectual Property Association (NYIPLA)
- American Alliance of Museums
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Right of Publicity Committee Member
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America, Member
Publications and Presentations
- Finding Reality in the Right of Publicity, ENTERTAINMENT, PUBLISHING AND THE ARTS HANDBOOK, (West 2014 ed.).
- Introduction to China Re-Rising: Innovation and Collaboration for a Successful Twenty-First Century, 2013 CARDOZO L. REV. DE NOVO 76.
- Finding Reality in the Right of Publicity, 2013 CARDOZO L. REV. DE NOVO 268.
- Panelist, "Beers and Careers!," Copyright Society of the USA (CSUSA), January 25, 2018 (New York, NY)
- Moderator, “Speaking the Language of Your Clients: The Advertising Industry,” NYIPLA, March 23, 2017 (New York, NY)
- Moderator, “Speaking the Language of Your Clients: The Music Industry,” NYIPLA, September 26, 2016 (New York, NY)
Life Beyond the Law
Outside of the office, Lindsay may be found baking artisanal breads and trekking trails.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of LawJD,cum laude; Head de novo Editor, Cardozo Law Review,2013Barnard CollegeBA,magna cum laude; department honors; Nancy Hoffman Award; Aileen Mejia Pratt Arts Grant,2006