Lynn K. Pearle
During more than 30 years, Lynn has developed and employed creative techniques to meet the estate planning objectives of high net worth individuals.
Lynn implements strategies to preserve wealth, minimize taxes, and carry out her client’s intentions, using the most current techniques available. Her practice includes:
- Estate planning and family wealth management, including the preparation of wills and trusts, life insurance planning, and planning for retirement benefits
- Estate and trust administration, including valuing and probating estate assets, preparation of estate tax returns and post mortem tax planning
- Estate and trust tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities
- Charitable gift planning, including preparation of charitable remainder and charitable lead trusts
- Private foundations, including formation, tax–qualification and operation of private foundations and supporting organizations
- Business succession planning for owners of closely held businesses and their families, including preparation of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
Lynn is a fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, elected in 1988. Lynn was chair of the Estate Planning Committee of the District of Columbia Bar Association’s Tax Section, is a member of the advisory board of Tax Management’s Estates, Gifts and Trusts Journal, and was chair of the Hariton Forum of the Washington, DC Estate Planning Council. Lynn is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law. Lynn has authored more than 40 articles on tax and estate planning subjects and has lectured extensively on various aspects of estate planning and administration.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- By vote of her peers, Lynn has been included in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 1995.
- Lynn has been included in several Washingtonian magazine articles featuring selected trust and estate lawyers in the Washington metropolitan area: “Gimme Shelters,” February 1993; “Best Lawyers in Washington,”February 1997; “Finding Good Financial Help,” Washingtonian, December 2002; “Top Lawyers in Washington,” December 2004; “Finding Good Financial Help,” January 2009; “Washington’s Top Lawyers,” Trusts & Estate law, December 2009 and December 2017; “Washington’s Top Financial Advisors,” November 2010; and “Washington’s Best Lawyers,” December 2011.
- Lynn has been named one of the top attorneys in the Washington, DC metropolitan area in Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2007.
- Lynn was listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top 50 women attorneys in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, 2007, 2008.
- Lynn holds the highest peer review rating (“AV Preeminent”) from Martindale-Hubbell.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
Boston College Law SchoolLL.BSmith CollegeBA