M.J. Pritchett’s practice focuses on real estate acquisition, disposition, development, leasing, secured lending and troubled debt resolution transactions. He also has extensive experience with the real estate aspects of public finance and securitization transactions.
M.J. represents both borrowers and lenders in a wide variety of lending transactions, including multi-family loans, single-family rental portfolio secured loans, securitized loans, foreclosures and workouts, distressed debt transactions and tax-exempt financings. His recent purchase and sale experience includes office buildings, hotels, apartments, industrial buildings, and mixed-use properties.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, M.J. was a partner in a prominent global law firm.
M.J. is a member of the California State Bar, Real Property Section.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
M.J.’s publications and presentations include:
- Guest Lecturer: "Land Use," Real Estate Transactions & Litigation Course, University of California, Berkeley School of Law; Fall 2018
- “Bank Financing: What are you Financing? What Aren’t You?” panelist, IMN’s Spring Single Family Aggregation Conference: The REO-To-Rental Forum; April 23, 2013
- “Commercial Real Estate Defaults, Workouts and Reorganizations,” sponsored by the American Law Institute; 2013
- “Commercial Real Estate Loan Defaults, Workouts and Foreclosures,” sponsored by CEB and the California State Bar Real Property Section; 2010
- “California Real Estate Finance Practice: Strategies and Forms,” co-author, CEB; 2000
M.J. has also been published on topics such as limited partnerships and corporate governance.
Life Beyond the Law
M.J. is an active supporter of the Downtown Oakland YMCA and the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive at UC Berkeley.