Natasha's practice includes counseling and opinion work, trademark and copyright prosecution, portfolio management, due diligence, enforcement, brand protection, anti-counterfeiting, quasi-judicial proceedings, licensing, and domain name matters.
Natasha practices in all areas of intellectual property law across a variety of industries, including the fashion and footwear, consumer goods and services, electronics, information technology, media and entertainment, and retail sectors, among others.
Natasha is also an adjunct professor at City University of New York (CUNY) School of Professional Studies, where she teaches undergraduate and masters level courses in Business Law and Ethics.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Natasha spent two years as in-house counsel at a leading international fashion and lifestyle brand and Fortune 500 company, where she held the title of Senior Director of Intellectual Property. Natasha started her legal career at a leading intellectual property boutique in New York, where she spent five years as an associate on litigation and transactional matters across all areas of intellectual property.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
- Speaker/panelist at the Copyright Society of the United States of America (CSUSA) 2nd Annual Career Panel, October 25, 2018
- Speaker/panelist at the 5th Annual Fashion Law Institute Symposium: The Power of Fashion, April 17, 2015
- Fabric Designs: A Bouquet of Thorny Legal Issues, M. Marsh and N. Sardesai-Grant, April 4, 2014
- Howard Shire & Natasha Sardesai-Grant, Caution for Foreign Mark Owners Seeking to Register Marks Pursuant to Madrid Protocol, February 15, 2013
- Safe Protection/Safe Inspiration: An Introduction to Intellectual Property Law for Fashion Designs, M. Marsh, N. Sardesai-Grant, and M. Kelly, November 14, 2012
- Reintroduction of the Innovative Design Protection and Piracy Prohibition Act (IDPPPA) Refuels the Debate on Expanding the Scope of Copyright Protection in Fashion Design, M. Marsh, N. Sardesai-Grant, and H. Stein, November 3, 2011
- The War of the Rose-Colored Shoes, M. Marsh and N. Sardesai-Grant, ILO Intellectual Property Newsletter, October 7, 2011
- U.S. Fashion Law Update, M. Marsh and N. Sardesai-Grant, Estudio Villano Newsletter Empresarial, June 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of New York
New York University School of LawJD,2009University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of MedicineMBE,2006University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied ScienceBSE,2004