Paul M. McAdams
Paul is a registered patent attorney with a practice that focuses on patent prosecution, post-grant patent proceedings, patent litigation, and intellectual property counseling in an extensive array of technologies in the electrical, electromechanical, and software arts.
For example, Paul has experience working with the following technologies: telecommunications and wireless communications, data encryption, video coding, graphics processing, display processing, network security, sandboxing, malware detection, caching, casino gaming, and various medical technologies.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Paul practiced at other prestigious law firms where he focused on patent litigation, patent prosecution, and intellectual property counseling.
Prior to law school, Paul worked as an electrical engineering intern and an intellectual property assistant at Stryker Interventional Spine and Stryker Instruments, respectively, in Kalamazoo, Michigan. While at Stryker, Paul worked with a range of technologies, such as surgical navigation, sterilization, tissue ablation, nerve stimulation, specialized surgical tools, spinal cement delivery, diagnostic tools, waste management, and cutting accessories.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Paul’s publications include:
- “Navigating the Minefield: Intellectual Property Licenses in Bankruptcy,” PLI’s Advanced License Agreements 2013 Program
- “Navigating the Minefield: Intellectual Property Licenses in Bankruptcy," PLI's Advanced License Agreements 2012 Program
- “The Single Asset Real Estate Debtor Cash Collateral Conundrum: The Impact of In re Buttermilk Towne Center, LLC,” ABI 19th Annual Southwest Bankruptcy Conference, September 2011
During law school, Paul served as the senior article editor of IDEA: The Intellectual Property Law Review.
Life Beyond the Law
Paul enjoys strenuous hiking and other outdoor activities, such as skiing, biking, kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, running, and walking his two Italian Greyhounds Comet and Winter. He also enjoys reading, wine tasting, and exploring new restaurants.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US Patent and Trademark Office Bar
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
University of New Hampshire School of LawJDcum laude, Top 15%Kettering UniversityBSElectrical Engineering, Top 20%