Paul A. Schmid
Paul represents corporate clients on matters across the life cycle of a business, including formation, financing, operations, succession planning, and mergers and acquisitions. He has represented clients in diverse industries, including manufacturing, real estate, consumer products and services, cleantech, software, and medical devices.
Prior to his legal carrer, Paul served on the staff of three Members of Congress and advised them on transportation and environment policy.
- Represented an oil and gas provider on multiple transactions, including a restructuring, a minority recapitalization, real estate leases, and other corporate contracts.
- Advised a real estate investment firm on joint ventures, private equity financings, and loan transactions.
- Represented a family-owned electrical equipment manufacturer in its sale to an international conglomerate.
- Assisted private equity investors with the purchase of an assisted living facility in New Hampshire.
- Represented a family-owned auto dealership on the disposition of four stores.
- Advised an environmental remediation business in a strategic acquisition to expand its geographic reach.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in numerous debt and equity financings.
- Served as outside general counsel for a Massachusetts quasi-governmental agency.
- Deal Hunters Committee, Association for Corporate Growth Boston
- City Awake Advisory Board, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Boston Bar Association
Life Beyond the Law
Paul is an avid skier and sailor and helps out on his family’s cattle farm in southeastern Massachusetts. Paul lives with his wife, Maggie, their two boys, and dog, Hinckley, in Milton.