Paul E. White
Paul is a partner in the firm’s Complex Litigation and Real Estate Litigation groups. His national practice is focused on representing clients in the retail, manufacturing, and automotive sectors and other mature industries in large, multiparty commercial litigation, including complex contract disputes, commercial lease disputes, and catastrophic injury claims.
An accomplished trial lawyer, Paul draws upon his extensive courtroom experience in offering sophisticated judgment and strategic advice to clients involved in complex matters. Paul uses an informed, rational manner to re-position difficult cases and develop a road-map to resolution. He combines a commitment to excellence with a determination to meet the specific business needs of his clients. Paul was previously a Partner at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Representation of multinational automotive electronic component manufacturer in contract-related disputes.
- Representation of national retailer in catastrophic injury claims and serving as national counsel setting litigation strategy in complex multi-person claims.
- Representation of national retailer on contracting, regulatory and code compliance issues pertaining to its portfolio of vertical transportation equipment.
- Lead counsel in three week jury trial in the Boston’s Business Litigation Session involving claim by major national retailer for recovery of over $4M in tax overcharges under shopping center lease resulting in favorable settlement during jury deliberation.
- Lead counsel in litigation against foreign national bank in a claim for wrongful termination of a commercial lease based on theory of breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing by failing to adequately meet the condition precedent of obtaining regulatory approval from the FDIC to operate a federal savings bank, resulting in successful $2M settlement at the start of trial.
- Lead counsel for automotive component manufacturer seeking to enforce pre-contractual Letter of Intent after defendant awarded business to alternate supplier, obtaining $2M jury verdict at trial.
- Successfully represented automotive component manufacturer in breach of contract dispute alleging wrongful termination of Long Term Agreement resulting in multi-million dollar settlement during trial.
- Successfully defended corporation and majority shareholders in claim by minority shareholder alleging breach of Shareholder Buy-Sell Agreement, obtaining dismissal of all of plaintiff’s claims on summary judgment.
- Successfully represented specialty wire manufacturer in claim against Underwriters Laboratories for wrongful withholding of U L approval and for negligent testing, resulting in UL’s agreement to withdraw test results and voluntarily lift stop ship order.
- Representation of manufacturer of electric switches in instituting voluntary recall of allegedly defective switch and parallel resolution of over one hundred claims for property damage and indemnity.
- Successfully obtained mandatory preliminary injunction in supply chain dispute requiring continued supply under long-term supply agreement.
Awards & Recognition
- Paul received the Volunteer Recognition Award from Massachusetts Bar Association in 2014 for his work as Chair of the Marathon Bombing Volunteer Legal Assistance Program
- Paul has been named Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2005 – 2017
- Paul was included in The Best Lawyers in America every year from 2016-2021
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Complex Commercial Litigation Section Council, Chair, 2014-2016
- Civil Litigation Section Council, Co-Chair, 2012-2013
- Marathon Bombing Victims Legal Assistance Program, Chair
- Executive Management Board, Member, 2014-2017
- Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, Commercial Lease Committee, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- Retail and Hospitality Committee
- Program Chair, 2017 Annual Seminar
- Chair, Commercial Lease Specialty Litigation Group