Sara T. Schneider
Sara's practice focuses on complex commercial matters, intellectual property and patent infringement cases as well as government investigations and employment law counseling.
Sara has broad-ranging experience including preparing pleadings and petition for writ of mandate, drafting dispositive motions and appellate briefs, managing complex e-discovery, taking and defending depositions of fact witnesses and expert witnesses, responding to subpoenas, cross-examining fact witnesses at trial, and negotiating favorable settlements.
Some of Sara’s notable representations include:
- Defending a national consumer electronics retail chain in a patent infringement dispute.
- Representing hospitals in contractual disputes and tort litigation.
- Representing medical practices in a Federal Trade Commission investigation into possible violations of antitrust.
- Defending a state at trial and on appeal in a prominent Voting Rights Act litigation.
- Defending a major multinational oil company in an AAA complex commercial arbitration.
- Defending retail clients against Americans with Disabilities Act claims.
- Representing client challenging outcome of Title IV proceedings.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Sara was an associate at an international law firm, where she handled complex litigation matters. There, her practice was dedicated to representation of a global bank in mortgage backed securities litigation. She also undertook the successful representation of a victim of human trafficking.
Publications, Presentations, & Recognitions
- Co-Author, "The Cloud Is Not Falling: A Rational Read Of Aereo," Law360, August 2014
- Co-Author, “Family Responsibility Discrimination: An Emerging Theory of Liability or Garden Variety Gender Discrimination?” Defense Research and Employment Law newsletter, 2007
- Recipient of pro bono awards from Arent Fox and previous firm
- Recognized by the New York City Bar for volunteer work in representing victim of human trafficking
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- New York Bar
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of California
New York University School of LawJD2011Duke UniversityBA2008