Stefan’s experience includes a range of general commercial disputes involving unfair competition and the theft and misuse of intellectual property. He helps clients resolve disputes through state and federal courts, arbitrations, and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy. He counsels clients throughout the process – from drafting the initial demand letter to collecting on a final judgment.
- Litigated various false advertising cases under the Lanham Act on behalf of surrogacy and water treatment companies.
- Persuaded state prosecutors to drop all criminal misdemeanor charges against a grocery store for food mislabeling on grounds that federal law and USDA regulations preempted the charged state law.
- Advised “influencers” on FTC advertising guidelines, and IP issues on social media platforms.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order (“TRO”) stopping an internet false advertising campaign and preliminary injunction requiring corrective disclosures.
- Enforced an international interim arbitral award against a well-known musical recording artist’s company.
- Defeated TRO is a business divorce case, seeking access to all a dissolved company’s email and social media accounts, and customer relationship management software.
- Defeated TRO in a whistleblower lawsuit by a physician against a hospital, seeking reinstatement of physician from a summary suspension.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Stefan worked at a boutique law firm specializing in plaintiff’s copyright cases. He also served as a Major Fraud Law Clerk in the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, where he helped prosecute real estate fraud, Ponzi schemes, and sophisticated gambling operations.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Stefan’s article Making “Mad Men” Pay was featured in the September 2020 edition of the Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine. During law school, Stefan was selected to be on the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, and the USC Trial Team.
Life Beyond the Law
Stefan is fluent in Serbo-Croatian. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, and classical and jazz piano.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
University of Southern California Gould School of LawJD,2018University of California, IrvineBA,2014