Stefan’s experience includes a range of general commercial disputes involving unfair competition and the theft and misuse of intellectual property. He helps clients resolve disputes through state and federal courts, arbitrations, and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy. In addition, he represents hospitals and medical staff in complex litigation matters in court, peer review proceedings, and administrative hearings. He counsels clients throughout the process – from drafting the initial demand letter to collecting on a final judgment.
- Obtained a Lanham Act preliminary injunction stopping an internet false advertising campaign and requiring affirmative disclosure to recipients.
- Successfully moved to dismiss a false advertising case based on alleged misrepresentations on social media.
- Defeated TRO application in a whistleblower lawsuit by a physician against a hospital, seeking reinstatement of physician from a suspension.
- Defeated TRO application in a business divorce case, seeking access to all of a dissolved company’s email and social media accounts and customer relationship management software.
- Enforced an international interim arbitral award against a well-known musical recording artist’s company.
- Completed numerous DMCA takedowns on social media platforms for unauthorized use of songs and photos for several companies across various industries.
- Advised “influencers” on copyright, trademark, and privacy law issues on social media platforms, as well as FTC advertising guidelines.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Stefan worked at a boutique law firm specializing in plaintiff’s copyright cases – primarily dealing with graphic designs. He also served as a Major Fraud Law Clerk in the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, where he helped prosecute real estate fraud.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
During law school, Stefan was selected to be on the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, and the USC Trial Team.
Stefan is a certified privacy professional (CIPP/US).
Life Beyond the Law
Stefan is fluent in Serbo-Croatian. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, and classical and jazz piano.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California Bar
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
University of Southern California Gould School of LawJD,2018University of California, IrvineBA,2014