Stewart F. Grossman
Stewart's practice focuses on financial disputes, workouts, alternative liquidation proceedings, asset protection, creditor and debtor rights, corporate transactions, and commercial litigation and business reorganizations. He has served as a Bankruptcy Trustee, Assignee under Assignment for Benefit of Creditors and State Court Receiver in thousands of cases.
Stewart has acted as a professional fiduciary and counsel to debtors, trustees and receivers. He has resolved complicated financial issues, reorganized businesses and individuals, liquidated tangible and intangible assets, negotiated complicated disputes, and litigated when necessary irresolvable commercial situations.
Since 1995, Stewart has served on the panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the District of Massachusetts. Prior to joining Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP, Stewart was a Named Partner at Looney & Grossman LLP, Boston MA, which ceased operations in 2015.
Memberships and Boards
- Red Auerbach Youth Foundation, Inc., President and Board Member, 1990-Present
- Shearwater Development, Truro, MA, Board Member, 2014- Present
- River Court Condominiums board member, Cambridge, MA, Board of Trustees, Past Chairman, Past Treasurer, 2000-2014
- Boston Ballet, Trustee Emeriti, 2014-present, Former Board of Trustees, 2004-2014, Investment, Finance and Audit Committees Member
- Alumni Council of Boston College Law School, Past Member of the Executive Committee, Past Secretary, Past Treasurer
- Anti-Defamation League, Board of Directors, Past
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies, Board of Directors, Past
Life Beyond the Law
Stewart enjoys sculpting, glass blowing, painting, and drawing.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America in 2020, 2021
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2006 – 2018 in both Boston and New England
- Boston’s Best Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Lawyers by US News and World Report, 2011-2020
- Trustee of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Trustee’s Office, 2002 and 2003
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
Boston College Law SchoolJD,cum laude,1973American UniversityBS,1969