Wesley T. Gee
Wesley’s practice focuses on advising clients on corporate matters in the sports, fashion, and entertainment industries. He has considerable experience representing professional sports franchises, owners and operators of professional sports and entertainment facilities, and sponsors in connection with naming rights transactions, sponsorship agreements, arena and event lease and license agreements, and financing matters. He also acts as outside general counsel to a number of fashion and luxury goods companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, Lacoste, and Yves Saint Laurent.
In addition to advising clients in the sports, fashion and entertainment industries, he is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and has guided multiple non-profit organizations through the formation and tax-exempt status processes and routinely advises such organizations on a wide array of legal issues.
- Representing LA Stadium and Entertainment District at Hollywood Park in connection with certain aspects of the development of SoFi Stadium, including numerous founding partner agreements, sponsorships, and suite leasing.
- Represented Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment in connection with the partial relocation of the New York Islanders to the Nassau Coliseum.
- Represented a sponsor in connection with a naming rights and sponsorship transaction for an MLS stadium and franchise.
- Represented a number of NBA teams, including the Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte Hornets, Phoenix Suns, and San Antonio Spurs in connection with their participation in the NBA League Wide Credit Facility.
- Advise numerous fashion companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, Lacoste, and Yves Saint Laurent, on a wide range of matters, including corporate governance, global distribution, and licensing agreements.
- Managed the negotiation of all production and talent agreements in connection with a major televised fashion show.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Wesley was a real estate finance associate at a national law firm where he managed multifamily acquisition, refinance and servicing transactions related to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily programs and FHA multifamily and healthcare facility programs.
While in law school, Wesley was the Lead Articles Editor for CommLaw Conspectus: The Journal of Communication Law and a Vice Chancellor for the Moot Court Association.
Life Beyond the Law
Wesley’s hobbies include playing ice hockey and softball. He is a fan of the Washington Capitals, the Baltimore Orioles, and the University of Maryland Terrapins.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of AmericaJD,cum laude,2012University of MarylandBS,Finance,2007