Wesley T. Gee
Wesley’s practice focuses on advising clients on corporate matters in the sports, fashion, and entertainment industries. He has considerable experience representing professional sports franchises, owners and operators of professional sports and entertainment facilities, and sponsors in connection with naming rights transactions, sponsorship agreements, arena and event lease and license agreements, and financing matters. He also acts as outside general counsel to a number of fashion and luxury goods companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, Lacoste, and Yves Saint Laurent.
In addition to advising clients in the sports, fashion and entertainment industries, he is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and has guided multiple non-profit organizations through the formation and tax-exempt status processes and routinely advises such organizations on a wide array of legal issues.
Representing SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park in numerous major naming rights, sponsorship, and procurement transactions in connection with SoFi Stadium, the 6,000-seat flex performance venue, and the entertainment district adjacent to SoFi Stadium (including major sponsorship transactions with PepsiCo, American Airlines Group Inc., Samsung, Ball Corp., Cisco Systems Inc., Constellation Brands, and Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians, among others).
Represented Amazon in a naming rights transaction for the “Climate Pledge Arena,” the new home of the NHL’s Seattle Kraken and WNBA’s Seattle Storm, which is expected to be the first net zero carbon certified arena in the world and set a new sustainability bar for the sports and events industry.
- Represented Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment in connection with the partial relocation of the New York Islanders to the Nassau Coliseum.
- Represented a sponsor in connection with a naming rights and sponsorship transaction for an MLS stadium and franchise.
- Represented a number of NBA teams, including the Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte Hornets, Phoenix Suns, and San Antonio Spurs in connection with their participation in the NBA League Wide Credit Facility.
- Advise numerous fashion companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, Lacoste, and Yves Saint Laurent, on a wide range of matters, including corporate governance, global distribution, and licensing agreements.
- Managed the negotiation of all production and talent agreements in connection with a major televised fashion show.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Wesley was a real estate finance associate at a national law firm where he managed multifamily acquisition, refinance and servicing transactions related to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily programs and FHA multifamily and healthcare facility programs.
While in law school, Wesley was the Lead Articles Editor for CommLaw Conspectus: The Journal of Communication Law and a Vice Chancellor for the Moot Court Association.
- In 2021, Wesley was selected to participate in the Boston Bar Association’s Public Interest Leadership Program.
- In 2020, Wesley was recognized as a leading lawyer by Legal 500 for his work in the sports industry.
- In 2019, Wesley was awarded with the firm’s 2019 Albert Arent Pro Bono Award for outstanding commitment to community service and pro bono interests.
Life Beyond the Law
Wesley’s hobbies include playing ice hockey and softball. He is a fan of the Washington Capitals, the Baltimore Orioles, and the University of Maryland Terrapins.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- Maryland Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
Columbus School of Law at The Catholic University of AmericaJD,cum laude,2012University of MarylandBS,Finance,2007