Zeina’s practice focuses on real estate private equity and institutional investment funds and real estate startups. She represents multiple private equity and institutional investment funds in multifamily, office, and agricultural real property transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, portfolio sales, joint ventures, financing, and due diligence, and manages multiple transactions simultaneously from term sheet to closing. This includes drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and joint venture agreements, negotiating loan documents and preparing legal opinions, analyzing title and survey, and reviewing leases, easements, and other ancillary agreements. Zeina represents borrowers in securing financing for a wide array of multifamily, senior housing, assisted living, student housing, and bond financed projects, including Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans. Zeina has represented lenders in various loan transactions, including originations, troubled debt resolution transactions, and foreclosures, and also has extensive experience in commercial mortgage loan servicing matters, including loan assumption and defeasance transactions.
Zeina’s representative matters include:
- Acting as local counsel to a large institutional investor in connection with the acquisition of 100+ multifamily investment properties in San Francisco.
- Managed a team of associates, paralegals, and local counsel in connection with the acquisition of 41,000 acres of agricultural land, 15,000 acres of watershed land, and three companies located in Hawaii.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the sale of 10,000 acres of agricultural land in California to a large institutional investor, and in the formation of a joint venture with the buyer to manage and operate the assets.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of 10,000 acres of agricultural land in California’s Central Valley.
- Assisted a large institutional investment fund in the acquisition of multiple parcels of office and industrial land in South San Francisco for future development.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of a 43-acre, 756-unit student housing complex in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Assisted a real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of a three-property, 46.4 acre, 564-unit low-income multifamily portfolio in Waldorf, Maryland.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Zeina was part of the real estate practice group of an international law firm, where she represented commercial mortgage loan servicers in a wide variety of loan and real estate transactions. She also has experience in real estate development, operations management, and urban redevelopment initiatives.
NAIOP Young Professionals Group, Class of 2016