Stephen Davis Presents at Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation Conference
Complex Litigation associate Stephen Davis will speak during a session titled “Are Reasonable Attorney Fees a Constitutional Requirement in Fifth Amendment Taking Cases?” at ALI CLE's 34th Annual Eminent Domain Conference. The conference, hosted Jan. 26-28, 2017 in San Diego, brings together eminent domain and land use practitioners from across the country. The annual ALI-CLE conference is the premier eminent domain seminar for private practitioners, government organizations, and academicians in this field.
Topics for the conference include:
- Teamwork: How a jury consultant collaborates with the attorneys to present a compelling case
- Emerging issues in relocation litigation and under the Uniform Relocation Act
- Dynamic trial presentations: How predicate experts make the case
- Effective landowner testimony: Using the client in the valuation case
- Permitting and approvals for linear energy transmission and pipeline projects
- Present and future highway projects: Obtaining information under public records laws and the role of federal funding
- Where we are 25 years after the Supreme Court established the “total takings” test in Lucas v. South Carolina Costal Council
Click here to learn more about the conference.