ACI’s 8th Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
Date & Time
March 23, 2021
Add to Calendar Disabled
This forum will provide answers and analysis on key legal and regulatory challenges affecting the cosmetics and personal care products industries. Attendees will have the latest information on how laws and regulations are evolving while being applied to an ever-changing landscape.
Lynn Fiorentino’s panel, “Class Action and Prop 65 Litigation Outlook for Cosmetics: Forecasting the New Wave of Activity,” begins at 1:30 PM PDT/4:30 PM EDT on Tuesday, March 23, 2021.
- Analyzing recent class action litigation activity involving the performance of products, false advertising, and mislabeling
- Interpreting findings relevant to recent cases regarding aloe vera
- Assessing ways to defeat class action litigation at the certification phase
- Examining how California specific litigation can be used as a benchmark for potential litigation in other states
- Identifying the latest wave of plaintiff’s claims made under Prop 65
- Assessing the impact of retailers who require manufacturers to certify products are compliant with Prop 65 warnings
- Knowledge of the source of materials and testing ingredients
- Understanding the safe harbor provisions under Prop 65 and whether your product is exempt
- Devising defense strategies to respond to warning letters from bounty hunters who search for products containing ingredients in violation of Prop 65
- Examining the impact of proposed legislation in New York called the “Right to Know Act”: similarities and differences with Prop 65