Health Care Self-Disclosure: Everything You Need to Know to Successfully Navigate the Self-Disclosure Process
Date & Time
August 15, 2018
Add to Calendar Disabled
Ms. Stemple will provide an in-depth overview of the process for self-disclosing potential violations of federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws to the appropriate agencies. She will discuss the 60-day overpayment rule, the OIG self disclosure protocol, as well as the CMS self-referral disclosure protocol. Ms. Stemple will also give an overview on how to structure compliance programs to mitigate the need for a complex self-disclosure.
The program will include:
- An overview of the laws that may require self-disclosure by providers, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, the Stark Law, and more.
- The process for determining when self-disclosure is appropriate.
- How to determine the appropriate agency for self-disclosure.
- The process for self-disclosing to the appropriate agency.
* CLE Credits earned: 2 GEN
- Related Industries