Sports, Drugs, and Rock & Roll
Date & Time
October 18, 2018
Add to Calendar Disabled
On October 18, Arent Fox’s New York office will host a one-of-a-kind event on behalf of the New York State Bar Association that focuses on the intersection of FDA and sports law.
Brian, whose practice focuses on the interrelation between food and drug law and patent law, will moderate a panel that discusses the intersection of sports and drug laws. The panel will touch on the usage of legal and illegal substances to enhance athletic performance, as well as regulatory issues relating to drug approvals and dietary supplements and use of alternative substances for pain such as cannabis.
- Rick Collins, Esq., Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry
- Jay Manfre, Esq., Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry
- Cameron Myler, Esq., CAS Arbitrator/NYU Professor
- Bill Ordower, Esq., EVP/GC, Major League Soccer
- Adolpho Birch, Esq., (invited) SVP/Labor Policy & League Affairs National Football League
Jennifer, who is a trusted advisor to sports leagues, teams, and media and technology companies, will be featured on a panel that discusses the legal fallout in entertainment and sports from what has come to be known as the #MeToo movement. Topics will include morals or scandals clauses, inclusion riders, NDAs, and tips on how to ethically manage a scandal or arrest of a client, including the dilemma between confidentiality and disclosure.
Jennifer’s panel will be moderated by Eriq Gardner, Senior Editor at The Hollywood Reporter, and includes:
- Ben Brafman, Esq., Brafman & Associates
- Greg Chiarello, Esq., Outten & Golden
- Kalpana Kotagal, Esq., Cohen Milstein
- Kristin Klein Wheaton, Esq., Goldberg Sagalla
Brian is the Chair of NYSBA’s Food, Drug & Cosmetic Law Section and Co-Chair of the new Committee on Cannabis Law. He developed the program with Barry Skidelsky, Chair of NYSBA’s Entertainment Arts & Sports Law Section, as a combined Fall Meeting for the two Sections.
Please use the link below to register. You do not need to be a member of NYSBA to attend the event; simply call NYSBA at 800-582-2452.