Drug Manufacturers Take Note: Upcoming Public Meeting in Nevada
Additional information, including information needed to connect to the meeting, can be found here. Drug manufacturers who are subject to the Nevada transparency regulations should take this opportunity to participate in the public meeting.
According to the agenda posted by the State, the proposed regulatory amendments will address:
- Updated terms and definitions in Section 2 for Department, Director, Manufacturer, Pharmacy and Pharmacy benefit manager.
- Added terminology to include the appointing of three permanent employees to act as hearing officers. These hearing officers will perform this function in addition to their regular duties. Once a request for an appeal to be heard has been received, the Director will assign the appeal to the next hearing officer unless there is a conflict of interest or they are otherwise disqualified from hearing the appeal.
- Included the requirement to notify the entity of the proposed penalty in writing at least 15 days prior to the effective date of the imposition of the penalty. This notice will include statutory and regulatory authority for the penalty, the facts on which the penalty is based, circumstances the Department considered in taking the penalty, instructions for responding to the notice and the effective date of the penalty. This notice will be sent to the last known mailing address and email address of the entity.
- Section 5 now includes wording on the process when appealing a proposed fine.
- Section 6 includes wording for the hearing process.
- Section 7 includes wording for the decision after the hearing process.
- Related Industries