Arent Fox Adds Private Equity, M&A, and VC Partner in New York
Steve has particular experience advising clients in the beverage and food, health care, manufacturing, media and publishing, specialty chemicals, and transportation and logistics industries. Steve frequently represents financial sponsors such as private equity, mezzanine debt (including SBICs), and their respective portfolio companies, with a focus on the middle market and lower middle market.
“We are glad to welcome Steve to Arent Fox. He joins our nationally recognized finance and transactions team at an opportune time. The first quarter of 2021 showed strong private equity activity, and Steve brings decades of experience helping clients navigating these transactions. Steve's addition strengthens our transactional support for clients in New York and across the country.”
– Steven A. Cohen, Corporate & Securities Practice Leader
- Steve advises clients on domestic and cross-border private merger and acquisition transactions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, and growth equity and acquisition debt financings.
- For venture capital investors and emerging companies, Steve helps clients navigate business transactions, including structuring investments and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Steve serves as “outside general counsel” to many of his clients, advising on general corporate and commercial matters and working with specialists on tax, employment, benefits, real estate, environmental, regulatory compliance, and other legal issues arising in the day-to-day operations of his clients.
- Earlier in his career, Steve practiced at O'Sullivan Graev & Karabell LLP, one of the preeminent boutique law firms focusing on private equity and venture capital.