Arent Fox Announces 2020 Diversity Scholarship Recipients
Since 2006, the firm has annually awarded diversity scholarships to promising law students. The Diversity Scholarship is part of the firm’s broader efforts to recruit, retain, and promote women, lawyers of color, and LGBTQ lawyers, and to ensure that adequate firm resources are dedicated to their training, mentoring, and business development.
The following students demonstrated a commitment to learning and practicing law at the highest level:
- Rita Liu (Washington University School of Law) – BOS Office
- Destiny Planter (University of North Carolina School of Law) – DC Office
- Fernanda Jara (Loyola Law School, Los Angeles) – LA Office
- Tisha Martin (University of North Carolina School of Law) – NY Office
- Derek Ha (University of California, Berkeley, School of Law) – SF Office
“On behalf of the Firm, I want to congratulate Rita, Destiny, Fernanda, Tisha, and Derek on their strong applications and many accomplishments so far,” said Chief Diversity Officer Chris Norton. “With the addition of the Boston office, this will be our first year with five Diversity Scholars, and we look forward to working with them next summer.”
The scholarship will be paid in two installments: $10,000 during the student’s second-year summer and another $10,000 paid when the student returns to Arent Fox as an associate after graduation.
Attorney Recruitment Specialist, DC
Attorney Recruitment & Professional Development Manager, LA
Attorney Recruitment & Professional Development Manager, NY
Human Resources and Attorney Recruitment Coordinator, SF
Human Resources Specialist, BOS