Crain’s New York Names Darrell Gay Among Top Black Leaders and Executives
As part of his nationally recognized business counseling work, Darrell advises clients on decisions relating to employee management, including critical cultural and diversity issues.
In the new edition, Crain’s selected business leaders who have impacted New York with their professional, communal, and philanthropic achievements.
A well-known leader in the business community and private bar, Darrell has played a critical role in founding and leading several high-profile organizations. He is one of the original founding former board members of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association, an organization that advocates the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys in corporate law departments and law firms. He is the immediate past chair and a founding board member of the National Employment Law Council, the leading association of minority management-side employment/labor lawyers.
- Darrell uses his 40-plus years of labor and employment experience to help clients navigate the management of their employees.
- Darrell's practice also focuses on handling internal investigations, particularly C-suite level concerns, related to issues of discrimination and/or company/cultural environments.
- He assists clients with key employee relations issues that have or could have an impact on business decisions or operations of the client, including concerns that have cultural or political sensitivity.
- Darrell offers clients extensive experience with traditional labor matters, which includes the management of union and pre-union environments, collective bargaining experience, NLRB work relative to unfair labor practices, organizing petitions and protected concerted activity, and representation of his clients with respect to arbitrations.
Darrell’s Recent Awards
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Labour & Employment, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management, 2012-2021
- The International Who’s Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers, 2010-2020