World Trademark Review Names Arent Fox Among Best Firms in the World
As part of its annual rankings, WTR noted that Arent Fox’s Trademark team “cuts a dash on the international brand protection stage” and “doesn’t shy away from the most difficult IP challenges – it steps up to the plate with the confidence derived from having some of the scene’s most seasoned experts in its line-up.”
WTR named eight Arent Fox attorneys among the best lawyers in the country: Anthony V. Lupo, Cristina A. Carvalho, Elizabeth Cohen, Ricardo Fischer, Michael A. Grow, Marylee Jenkins, Michelle Mancino Marsh, and Christopher Norton.
DC Trademark Team
- Anthony Lupo is a “true maestro who thinks outside the box and takes pride in providing the best possible service to his clients” WTR noted that “he is looked up to by many as a mentor.”
- Cristina Carvalho is “the go-to for top Brazilian companies as well as global brand leaders such as Mars; she has perfected the art of prosecuting marks and managing portfolios across borders.”
- Ricard Fischer “provides strong leadership to the trademark group and is an international pathfinder for global brands in the retail and fashion and food and beverage industries; he is a font of insight and analysis regarding Latin American practice, having experienced it first hand as a partner in Venezuela.”
- Michael Grow is “one of the best there is.”
- Christopher Norton’s “efficiency and innovativeness in the practice stands out.”
New York Trademark Team
- WTR reported that each of its honorees in New York – Elizabeth Cohen, Marylee Jenkins and Michelle Mancino Marsh – “has clocked up many years on the frontlines of brand protection and enforcement.”
- Elizabeth Cohen “has rich retail industry insight, but is also deep into fashion, food, entertainment and other areas; her finely tuned negotiation skills get clients out of scrapes early and inexpensively.”
- Marylee Jenkins “has a passion for technology and handles internet-related brand matters with poise; those seeking blended patent and trademark services get everything they need from her.”
- Michelle Marsh “litigates across the IP spectrum and has honed her advocacy skills to a sharp point; she leverages her disputes know-how effectively in counseling around risk and giving opinions.”
Arent Fox features one of the most highly regarded Trademark groups in the country, providing clients with a full range of services, including litigation, prosecution, licensing, and transactional work. The firm is known for developing brand selection strategies; analyzing and assessing brand adoption risks; protecting new brands; formulating consistent trademark usage standards; and protecting marks against infringement, dilution, and misuse. The group is specifically recognized for its focus in media and entertainment; fashion and retail; food and beverage; and international work.