Arent Fox represents developers of hotel and resort properties on all aspects of hotel and resort development. Our clients range from multinational Fortune 100 clients, such as Marriott International, to private real estate and hotel development firms and include a number of hospitality real estate investment trusts, such as the RLJ Development Funds’ real estate funds, and one of the largest owners of extended-stay properties, Extended Stay Hotels.
- Marriott International’s development of (i) the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa, a 1,000-room hotel with two PGA-managed Pete Dye and Greg Norman golf courses and residential components (among Real Estate Forum’s Deals of the Year for 2007); (ii) the Grande Lakes Orlando in Orlando, a 1,000-room JW Marriott hotel, a 584-room Ritz-Carlton hotel, and a Greg Norman Championship golf course; (iii) the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, a 950 room hotel with an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course and a Nick Faldo golf course; and (iv) the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, a 575-room hotel with a 27-hole Arnold Palmer Signature golf course.
- Extended Stay Hotels’ acquisition, financing, and development of more than 50 hotel properties throughout the Northeast under the Crossland Economy Suites, Extended Stay America, Extended Stay Deluxe, Homestead Studio Suites, and Studio Plus Deluxe Studios brands.
- The Buccini/Pollin Group’s acquisition, financing and development of several hotel projects including a 90-room Homewood Suites, a 150-room Embassy Suites in Ashburn, Virginia and the 150-room Hilton Hotel at Baltimore/Washington International Airport.
- Cafritz Interest’s development of the 261-room Virginian Suites located in Arlington, VA; the 125-room River Inn located in Washington, DC; the 175-room Hotel Windsor located in Philadelphia; the 110-room Comfort Suites located in Chicago; the 125-unit 2040 Lofts located in Milwaukee; and the 133-unit 2424 Pennsylvania Avenue located in Washington, DC.
- Revolution LLC’s acquisition of land on the Northwest coast of Guanacaste, Costa Rica for the development of a luxury resort community including a One&Only Resort, a Tom Doak golf course and approximately 300 for-sale residential units.
- The JBG Companies’ redevelopment and repositioning of the historic Wardman Park Hotel, including entitlements and permitting for a new residential tower on the historic Wardman Park campus and conversion of portions of the existing hotel to residential use.
- Forest City Ratner Companies’ $120 million hotel development, joint venture and financing of a fee above a plane transaction located on 42nd Street and Times Square for a Doubletree Hotel.
- OTO Development’s development of a 206-room hotel within an air rights parcel in the Constitution Square development in Washington, DC, and a 151-room hotel in the National Harbor development in Prince George’s County, MD.
- Marriott International’s development and sale of the Marriott Seattle Waterfront Hotel, a 358-room hotel in Seattle.
- Portwood Properties Corporation’s restoration of historic hospitality properties in Charleston, SC.
- Marriott International’s participation in a joint venture to redevelop hotel properties at the Kapalua resort in Maui, to include a mix of uses including whole ownership and fractional ownership Ritz-Carlton residences.
- An international architectural and design firm’s construction of a hotel/casino and resort property.