We represent premier industry clients on a full spectrum of legal services, making the firm a one-stop shop for alcohol-related regulatory, intellectual property, and corporate and transactional counsel and litigation. Our in-house experience, combined with a strong team of litigation, transactional, regulatory, and intellectual property attorneys with deep ties in the alcohol beverage industry, allows us to provide first-rate counsel on virtually any legal issue.
Our group of seasoned attorneys includes several former in-house counsel from leading alcohol companies who have decades of experience navigating regulatory issues, structuring complex business agreements, and negotiating acquisitions and divestitures. Our skilled litigators regularly represent alcohol beverage clients in distribution termination, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and product liability matters. We also represent clients in the sale and acquisition of brands and related assets, joint venture agreements, real estate disputes, trademark infringement, trademark licensing agreements, and patent prosecution matters.
Our attorneys have dealt with virtually all state regulatory authorities and possess a deep understanding of the unique regulatory challenges facing importers, distributors, and retailers on local, state, and federal levels. We represent clients in connection with alcohol beverage trade practice matters, as well as in licensing and permitting issues before the US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and before various state alcoholic beverage control boards.
Our clients include:
- bevRAGE LLC
- Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
- Domaine Select Wine & Spirits
- Dozortsev & Sons Ent. Ltd.
- Duclot La Vinicole LLC
- Feld Entertainment
- Henrio Inc.
- Laurent-Perrier US Inc.
- Legacy Marketing Partners
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Moët Hennessy USA, Inc.
- Monkish Brewing Co.
- Preservation Distillery
- Purity Vodka
- Russian Standard Vodka
- The Real McCoy
- The Winebow Group
- Vintus LLC
- Wilson Daniels Ltd.
How We Help
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Litigate challenges to out-of-state shipping prohibitions.
- Represent clients in distribution termination cases.
- Represent clients in arbitration breach of contract cases.
- Litigate enforcement of non-compete agreements against violations by former employees.
- Represent clients in breach of fiduciary duty and other claims by shareholders.
- Defend clients in product liability/toxic tort litigation.
- Represent clients in connection with procuring Federal and State alcohol beverage licenses and permits.
- Represent private equity clients in connection with regulatory matters arising from alcohol beverage acquisitions.
- Represent clients in connection with Federal and State alcohol beverage investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
- Represent clients in providing advice regarding compliance with Federal and State alcohol beverage laws and regulations relating to advertising, marketing, public relations programs, and sales programs.
- Represent clients in negotiating importation and distribution agreements.
- Represent clients in providing advice regarding alcohol beverage franchise laws.
- Represent clients in the acquisitions and disposition of portfolios, brands, wineries, and more.
- Represent alcohol beverage clients on patent and trademark matters.
- Negotiate licenses permitting use of marks derived from major motion picture on wines and other alcoholic beverages.
- Represent numerous hospitality clients in hotel acquisitions in connection with liquor license related matters.
- Represent owners of sports and entertainment facilities in connection with sponsorships/pouring rights agreements.