Acquisitions & Dispositions
Boutique Service From A Trusted Brand
Arent Fox represents private equity investment funds, REITs, and other public and private companies actively involved in acquiring or disposing of large hotel portfolios, trophy properties, and single limited-service hotel transactions.
- The RLJ Development Funds’ acquisition and disposition of over 220 hospitality assets worth in excess of $4 billion, including the acquisition of a portfolio of nearly 100 hotels from White Lodging Services Corporation; the disposition by merger of an entity owning 22 hotels; the disposition of six Homewood Suites hotels for $73 million; the $335 million acquisition of the 750-room Manhattan Hilton Doubletree Metropolitan; the $125 million acquisition of the 298-room Manhattan Hilton Garden Inn; the acquisition of the 426-room Cancun Hilton Golf & Spa Resort; and the $121 million acquisition of the 280-room Manhattan Fashion26 Hotel.
- Marriott International’s sale, joint venture and renovation of the Waikiki Beach Resort on Oahu.
- Goldman Sachs’ disposition of numerous hotels from a portfolio acquired for more than $300 million.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, a 304-room resort hotel located in Grand Cayman, British West Indies.
- Fisher Property Group’s acquisition of land located in Rockland, Maryland for the development and construction of a 121-room Cambria Suites Hotel.
- Various real estate investment funds’ (managed by one of the largest New York investment companies) purchase and sale of hotel portfolios throughout the United States.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Crowne Plaza Oceanfront Hotel, a 193-room hotel located on Singer Island in Palm Beach County, for redevelopment into a fractional ownership product.
- Marriott International’s sale of its Courtyard San Francisco Downtown hotel.
- JER Partners’ acquisition of the Ontario Airport Hilton Hotel located in Ontario, CA.
- Marriott International’s acquisition of the Seville Beach Hotel, a 4.5 acre land assemblage with 350 feet of Atlantic Ocean frontage in Miami, to be redeveloped under Marriott’s “Edition” brand.
- RLJ Lodging Trust's sale of 24 hotels for approximately $240 million through a combination of individual and portfolio sales.