Acquisitions & Sales of Sports Franchises
- Tampa Bay Rays: Representation of the Tampa Bay Rays in connection with the acquisition of USL team, the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
- Lawrence Investments: Representation of Larry Ellison’s personal investment company in its acquisition of BNP Paribas Open, the Indian Wells combined men’s and women’s professional tennis tournament.
- Atlanta Hawks: Representation of the largest minority group of investors in connection with the acquisition of the team.
- Washington Professional Sports Franchises: Representation of the owners of Washington Sports & Entertainment Limited Partnership in connection with the sale of all of their interests in the Washington Capitals, the Washington Mystics, the Washington Wizards, Verizon Center, and the Washington-Baltimore Ticketmaster franchise to Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- IRG Sports and Entertainment: Representation of IRG Sports and Entertainment in its acquisition of Maryland International Raceway and Cordova International Raceway.
- Charlotte Hornets: Representation of the initial owner of the Charlotte Hornets NBA franchise in connection with his acquisition of the franchise, and subsequent sale of a majority interest to Michael Jordan.
- Lawrence Investments: Representation of Larry Ellison’s personal investment company in its bid to acquire the Golden State Warriors.
- Chicago White Sox: Representation of Pale Hose Partners, LLC, in the purchase of a minority interest in the Chicago White Sox.
- Philip Falcone: Representation of Philip Falcone in the sale of his interest in the Minnesota Wild.